Establish a restricted fund that will award Research Grants and Educational Grants to organizations or individuals focused on restoring mobility and improving function for patients with hip and knee disease. The goal will be for this grant and scholarship program to be nationally recognized in the orthopaedic community as a means of recognizing the achievements of Drs. Charles and Gerard Engh during their professional careers.
The goal is to raise $2 million that will be the initial base for the restricted fund to be established within the Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute (AORI). The funds will be maintained in a separate investment account and managed by an investment advisor who will be provided with an investment plan that will be commensurate with the purpose of the Fund. It is the intention of the AORI and Fellowship Board that this fund will support grants and scholarships funded with earnings from this capital. If an enduring grant is identified and deemed capable of long term recurring recognition then the principal of the fund can support that grant.
The funds will be managed by the Investment Advisory Committee established by the Board of AORI. This Investment Advisory Committee is responsible for meeting every six months with the investment advisor to review the investment policy statement and to review the investment results. After each meeting, the Committee provides a written report to the Board.
The process of awarding Grants and Scholarships will be managed by a designated committee consisting of one Board member of AORI and three to five orthopaedists who were prior fellows under the fellowship program established by Charles and Gerard Engh.
- Criteria for Research grants
- Hip or Knee Research-expected publication timeframe/budget/track record of individual or group
- Criteria for Education grants
- Venue, number of attendees, faculty, option for CAE/GAE Fund recognition
- Requests for research or education grants are submitted to the Fellowship
- Grant monitoring process once awarded
- Research-funds provided based on milestones
- Education-approval for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits and documentation of expenses
How To Make Donations:
- Checks should be made payable to AORI and mailed to:
AORI , PO Box 7088 , Alexandria , VA 22307
- To wire a donation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for banking details.
- Credit card number called to: 703-619-4437 or faxed to 703-799-5981. If a credit card is used, the security code (3 or 4 digits) is needed in order to process the donation. We accept VISA, DISCOVER & MASTERCARD.
When AORI receives a donation, a tax deductible letter will be sent to the donor.